zaterdag 2 maart 2013

Superhero



 “Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.” 


Of all the Watchmen that I could have chosen to write about I chose one that did not cream superhero. Jet in my mind he is. He is the only vigilante who remained active after Keene Act outlawed  masked vigilantes.And like most watchmen he does not possess obvious superheroes powers. He merely has his will, physical strength, and skillsWhen the Keene Act was submitted  to outlaw vigilantes, he responded by killing a wanted rapist and leaving his body outside a police station with a note bearing one word: "neveR!. This shows his drive and commitment to fight against crime. And that makes him in my eyes a superhero. Now do I agree on not obeying the law, no. But would you break the law if you knew you could bring justice? He is often described as being mentally ill by other characters in the comicBut he is tactically brilliant and has good detective skillsfor he has found the Comedian's costume in his apartment when the police could notNow if you have read so far and you still do not know who I am talking about. Than my friend you should watch the movie “Watchmen.”

So The question is, “should a vigilante be considered a superhero?”  

I wish a superhero was there for you. Rest In Peace, Paul Tereshchenko.














The city is afraid of me.. I have seen its true face





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten